The basic education sector has been adopting the Virtual Reality technology increasingly for imparting education and has so much in store to offer to the young generation that are being taught. Children around the world are highly attracted and also seem to have access to smart gadgets that are becoming integral part of their lives.
Virtual Reality (VR) is prominently making its way into the education system day by day. Many studies conducted have recorded the positive impact of this technology on both the educators and the students.
VR has the potential to enhance the educator’s work and make sure that the high quality of education is given to the students. The learning curves for students have taken a completely new turn with the advancement of VR tools. Now, students aren’t simply learning, they are actually exploring and experiencing the new educational topics daily.
There’s no confusion behind the fact that Virtual Reality (VR) tools can improve the quality of K-12 education, but to evolve the education pedagogy it’s important to change the traditional education models. The demand on workforce readiness and post-education expectations require the education system to adopt the change. VR technology can be one of the technologies that can be implemented to bring the desirable change in the education which can bring the shift to the teachers along with the change in the learner’s learning methods.
Benefits of Using High-Quality Virtual Reality (VR) Tools in K-12 Education
Virtual Reality (VR) allows communities to share their resources in an unprecedented manner. This technology gives the leverage of connecting with the different streams of education regardless of your geographic location, presence of expert teachers and high-quality learning resources. With the advancement of VR technology in classrooms, numerous tools have been developed which are helping schools in improving the standard of their education. The quality of the K-12 education industry has evolved highly with the technology trends and level of specialized programs in teaching has enhanced the outcomes of students and schools drastically. VR revolutionary tools have increased the quality of high school education in the following ways –
- Visualizations of concepts that aren’t possible in the traditional classroom
- Increased Students engagement
- Elimination of the Language barrier
- The quality of education in diversified fields have improved
- Generates high level of interest
- Remote specialized educational programs have opened better career opportunities
- Enhanced language learning
VR apps allow users to visualize the concepts that were earlier part of their textbooks only. Below we have shared some of the VR tools that are helping to learn the different subjects virtually.
- Google Expeditions: Join or lead an immersive trip somewhere around the world. Google expeditions VR app offers over 200 expeditions to choose from.
- Public Speaking VR: The students who want to develop their public speaking skills, for them, this app is very helpful. With the photorealistic environment of the app, students can immerse themselves into a VR experience where they can prepare for job interviews or presentations.
- In Mind VR: Shrink down to the micro level and take a journey through a brain in the grips of a mental disorder. As you travel, use your gaze to fire a beam of light that can alleviate the troubled neurons.
- Sites In 3D: Explore the world’s best landmarks in a full panorama. Allows users to go up the Eiffel tower or visit tombs and palaces and other ancient places.
- Boulevard: Students can now join art classes from anywhere, they don’t have to visit the best art museums to learn art anymore. With this app, students can interact with the famous artworks, can take a tour of six art museums and learn everything about art and all this only with the support of VR technology.
- Apollo 11 VR: This VR app will take you to one of the most significant space expeditions. Students can use this VR technology to book a front seat in the documentary style VR theatre. This award-winning app will improve the possibilities of VR as an educational tool.
- TiltBrush: For art students, this is a very graceful VR tool which let them create artistic 3D paintings. The painting is handheld with paintbrush feature which will create an awesome and inspiring creative painting for students.
In the prevailing trends, schools are shifting towards flexible learning environments. Such as, a classroom might be divided into the several groups of the students, and every group is doing different activities, but all the activities are planned and monitored by a teacher according to a single curriculum. VR technology completely fits in this modern learning environment as it can bring the needed technology portion into the picture.
The computer labs present in the schools are now connected with the VR tools to support an entire class simultaneously. This scenario has tremendous benefits and it is a progressive method of learning. However, the introduction of VR has been made in the classrooms, but it is still work under progress. The quality VR content is going to support this goal further because it will make the lessons interesting while allowing teachers to focus on students’ needs and address them with more personal methods. This VR revolution is great for the students and teachers and in improving the quality of K-12 Education.